Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Breaking News: Modern humans have retained cavemen's instincts

I use Yahoo as my homepage, and this title was one of the five or so major headlines for the morning. I, of course, sarcastically added the "Breaking News" part.

Apparently there's a new paper in PNAS by Cosmides of Cosmides and Tooby Ev. Psych fame. Having only read the news story, I'm sorry to say that despite the alarming headline (haha), the study itself does not appear to be groundbreaking stuff in the least...basically analogous to the already well worn story of humans being more afraid of snakes than guns. I just found the headline and the fact that it was a major headline very funny, so had to share it...ok, ok, enough with the silly distractions, and back to work.

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page